Note: Remember to bring your Student ID card to the exam and to double-check the exam time and location.
Please be aware of the following procedures regarding make-up examinations at Huron University College. Requests for a make-up exam are granted only on medical, religious, or compassionate grounds.
The make-up exam day Huron courses for the April Final Exam period is Monday, May 8, 2017. Exams will start at 9 a.m. [Students with two exams will write the second at 1p.m.]. There are separate dates for Brescia, King's and Western courses.
How to request a make-up exam:
1. Obtain documentation to support your absence.
Medical: Download the Student Medical Certificate form. Have the form completed by a physician. You have five days after the exam date has passed to turn in medical documentation, but be sure to see your doctor on the day you are ill, and not afterwards..
Religious: Read the policy for Exam Accommodation based on Religious Grounds. Documentation is not necessarily needed, but you do need to follow these steps two weeks before the exam.
Compassionate: These are extra-ordinary circumstances beyond your control; death in the family, immediate family member gravely ill, court appearance, house fire, etc. Suitable documentation includes: death certificate, link to an obituary, court documents, insurance papers.
2. Take your documentation to Student Support Services (W 45). The Advisor will fill out a "Recommendation for Special Exam form".
3. Take the Special Exam form provided by the Academic Advisor to the course instructor for signature. By signing the form, the instructor agrees to set the exam. [Please note: The signature of the instructor can take the form of an e-mail message indicating agreement with the relief sought, to be attached to the form that is returned to Student Support Services.]
4. Return the Special Exam form to Student Support Services, W 45. If no form has been received back, signed, the student’s name will not go on the list of those allowed to sit the make-up exam.
The following reasons for missing an exam are not accommodated through Academic Advising.
- you booked a flight and are not able to make the date of the exam because you won't be in London
- your family booked a vacation and you'd like to join them
- your summer job starts early
- you forgot, you slept in, you wrote down the wrong room, etc.
It is at your professor's discretion to grant a make-up exam for these reasons. Your professor will have to set the date and find a place for you to write. Your professor is under no obligation to accommodate your absence for reasons outside the official policy.
Student Support Services
519.438.7224 ext. 244
Drop-In Advising is open from 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
For information about your adjudication decision, please see your Student Center.
Appointments are limited during the summer period.
To request an appointment with an Academic Advisor, please contact the Student Support Services Assistant at 519.438.7224 Ext. 244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.