Huron’s vision is to ensure that every student experiences the value of civic engagement through volunteer activities and service prior to graduating.
Volunteering provide students with the opportunity to learn by giving back to the community, furthering their development as Leaders with Heart.
At Huron, volunteer experiences are unpaid opportunities where students donate their time to serve their community. These experiences provide valuable insights into the opportunities, strengths and needs of the community.
Volunteer opportunities can be short-term, long-term or project based, in-person or virtual. Students can work in areas suited to their interests and long term career goals. At Huron, we work one-on-one with students to help you get involved in an area of interest, on campus or in the community.
1. Campus Opportunities – include, but are not limited to:
- Participation in clubs
- Supporting campus events
- Assisting with academic initiatives
- Assisting with Student Council as Commissioners or Year Representative
- Residence Council and its initiatives
- Assisting with departmental initiatives in a student leadership capacity
2. Community Based Opportunities – Volunteer opportunities are available on a local, national, and global scale for student participation and can short or long-term. Community based opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting local non-profit organizations
- Supporting local community and neighbourhood resource centres
- National and Global Relief Efforts
- Annual local events
- Tutoring programs
- Volunteer and service opportunities abroad