Business and Economics Tutor
Business and Economics
Huron University is completely unique to post-secondary institutions in Canada. With the aim to redefine Liberal Arts education, Huron is creating a university experience unlike any other that prioritizes ethical leadership and community engagement, as much as the pursuit of academic achievement.
As the founding institution of Western University, since 1863, Huron has remained strategically small to best serve the needs of its students. We provide an elite, yet accessible, education, because every student with the passion and work ethic to positively change our world deserves to access the knowledge to understand it and the skills to shape it. Huron’s mission is to develop Leaders with Heart from all backgrounds and foster a vibrant and inclusive community and prepare students to be engaged citizens who transform the sectors they work within. Our commitment to providing the best-possible Liberal Arts education means students have many unique opportunities to enrich their learning experiences.
Are you looking for a professional and engaging experience? Would you enjoy helping other people meet their goals through collaborative, non-judgmental coaching? Writing and Learning Services at Huron University is now hiring Business and Economics Tutors for the 2023-2024 academic year. In this role, you will be working one-on-one with other students to help them develop confidence and competency in Business and Economics courses. In addition to tutoring one-on-one, you might be involved in class presentations, material development, and other assigned duties within the scope of the Writing and Learning Services portfolio. Previous tutoring experience is not required but is considered an asset.
- Tutoring students to help them improve their knowledge and ability to demonstrate competency in core Business and Economics courses offered at Huron.
- Delivering introductory talks to first-year students to familiarize them with the tutoring options available to them.
- Participating in training sessions
- Attending regular team meetings and professional development workshops
- Participating in vibrant, productive conversations about key course content
- Developing content for the centre
- Providing support in other duties of the Writing and Learning Services as assigned
- Third- or fourth-year undergraduate student at Huron or graduate student from the main campus or affiliates with Business and/or Economics specializations
- Strong understanding of the content covered, ideally, in: Business 1220, 2257; ECON 1021, 1022, 2220, 2260, 2221, 2261.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Willing to engage in ongoing professionalization.
Please send a resumé and cover letter, along with a recent copy of your transcript, to email@example.com. Please note that there is a mandatory training session that you need to attend if you are the selected candidate.
Deadline for applications: October 1, 2023, at 11:59 pm
Hiring for one part-time position
Huron University College values its place in an interconnected world and desires to reflect this value, acknowledging our responsibility to strive towards a diverse and equitable employment and educational environment that recognizes the inherent worth and dignity of every person. We encourage applications from qualified members of the four designated groups, and persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Applications from all qualified individuals are invited; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given hiring priority. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected to proceed in the competition will be contacted. Should you require accommodation in making an application please contact Huron by phone at 519-438-7224 or at firstname.lastname@example.org