Thursday, January 6th, 2022
Library & Learning Services at Huron re-opened for the Winter 2022 term on Wednesday, January 5th, 2022. Here’s what to expect for the month of January.
Monday to Friday, 9am – 4pm
Saturday & Sunday (Closed)
Access to Collections
The Library’s circulating collection is accessible on site, with brief visits to the stacks permitted for item retrievals. Materials on course-reserve are available to be signed-out at the Service Desk.
No Contact Pick-Up may be arranged by contacting Library staff at: 519-438-7224 x213 or email@example.com.
Access to digital content & collections is provided via the Library’s discovery layer: OMNI.
Students and faculty working at a distance may request Digital Delivery of eligible physical library materials (e.g., book chapters, journal articles, reference works, and more).
Access to Study Space
Students looking for quiet, independent study space on campus may visit the Library during our current hours of opening (M-F, 9am-4pm). Sixty (60) physically distanced, individual study seats are available on the main level of the Library on a first-come, first-served basis.
Group study space is not available in any areas of the Library currently.
- Course Content (i.e., Tutoring), Research, Teaching, and Writing Help
- Course Content (i.e., subject specific tutoring, as well as English Language Learning support), Research, and Writing Help is available in both synchronous and asynchronous modes through the Library.
- Ask a Librarian chat service resumes January 10th, 2022
- 1:1 Research Consultation appointments can be booked here
- Course Content (i.e., Business, Accounting, Economics, and Math), Writing and Communications, and English Language Learning (ELL) appointments can be
- faculty and course instructors who wish to arrange for instruction are encouraged to reach out to LLS staff directly:
My Library Account
Students and faculty may continue to return library materials to the book drop immediately outside of the Library’s main entrance or may renew items online as usual.
Alumni and Campus Visitor Access
At this time, we kindly request that only active members of the University community (i.e., current students, faculty, and staff) visit the Library in person, to ensure that we do our part to support public health guidelines related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
All visitors to campus are required to complete Huron’s Covid-19 Screening Questionnaire prior to coming to campus and the Library.