Withdrawals and Refunds
Students wishing to withdraw from a course must visit/contact an Academic Advisor to complete the appropriate Change of Status/Withdrawal Form or an Add/Drop Form as soon as possible. The amount of refund diminishes on a weekly basis from the start of classes.
Regardless of attendance, refunds are based on a declining fee balance per the refund schedule below, less the applicable cancellation and non-refundable fees. The following withdrawal deadlines apply for refund purposes.
Full Time Status: No refund after November 29
Part Time (Full Year 1.0 Course): No refund after November 29
Part Time (Half Year Fall 0.5 Course): No refund after October 13
Part Time (Half Year Winter 0.5 Course): No refund after February 13
- Students who add or drop courses but remain enrolled in 4.0 credits or more are still charged full time tuition.
- Refund date is determined by your Academic Advisor and shows on your add/drop form
- Cancellation fees will be assessed upon withdrawal, even if the withdrawal occurs prior to the first official day of the Fall/Winter session:
- Full Time Status: $360
- Part Time Full Year Course: $72
- Part Time Half Year Course: $36
- A student may still owe tuition if not all of their tuition was paid in full and the tuition refund amount is not equal to or greater than the amount of tuition outstanding.
- Scholarships (entrance/continuing), bursaries or sponsorships may be retracted for early withdrawals. This could result in a student owing tuition after withdrawal. Please carefully review the Huron Scholarship Policy.
- Changes to your enrolment may affect your OSAP entitlement, your academic status with regards to OSAP, and your eligibility for future OSAP funding. In addition, any refunds may be returned to the National Student Loan Service Centre if loans were received within the same academic year. Prior to any course changes, contact Jane Parker in person at room W40, by phone 519.438.7224 ext. 215, or email email@example.com discuss your particular situation.
- After April 1st, there will be no refund of tuition, regardless of circumstance, including backdated withdrawals for academic purposes only.
Refunds and Residence Move-outs:
Residence and meal plan refunds will be prorated based on the official move out date. The refundable amount is calculated as 50% of the prorated rate. Regardless of circumstance, no refunds will be issued for move out after November 30th (for students who move in in September), and after February 28 (for students who move in in January). If you wish to withdraw from residence, kindly notify the residence manager and ensure that your residence room and mailbox keys are returned as these would affect your move out date.
Credit balances can remain on account to be used towards future tuition/fees or may be refunded to the student, upon request, via e-transfer to their official @uwo email address.
Where a refund is due to a student for over-payment of a student’s account via International Wire Transfer (Convera GlobalPay System, Unifee, Direct Wire etc.), the funds must be returned to the original sender’s bank account. Huron University College is not liable for any variance due to foreign exchange rate fluctuations or administrative fees.