Technology Available for Loan
In addition to our desktop workstations, Huron Library also offers a variety of loanable technology.
Borrowing – Library technology is available for loan and use by currently registered Huron University College students, faculty, and staff. Loanable devices may be signed out at the Library’s Service Desk after the user signs a liability agreement. The loan period is from the time of checkout to thirty (30) minutes before the Library closes that evening. However, alternate arrangements may be made available upon request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use of Loanable Technology – Loanable devices must remain inside of their cases during use and the user is responsible for making sure that the technology does not get damaged, lost, or stolen while it is signed out to them. The user is accountable for the device until it has been inspected and checked-in by a Library staff member.
Users may load apps and content on the Library’s devices using their own accounts. Please be advised that when the Library’s devices are returned, all data and settings are wiped. The Library assumes no responsibility for any problems caused by connecting the Library’s loanable technology to any other equipment.
Use of the Library’s loanable technology falls under the Computer and Internet Acceptable Use Policy. For more information on privacy and security policies please visit the Western University Information Security website.
Technology on loan:
- Microsoft Surface Pro 4 – Currently not available. Huron Library offers Microsoft Surface Pro 4’s available for our students and faculty. Our Surfaces’ include the Surface Pen and TypeCover. We tailor the software to our students needs – currently we have the complete Microsoft Office Suite, Inkscape, GIMP, Notepad++, DIA, and Audacity installed to help students with any project they might be working on. Enjoy the freedom and new digital interactions the Surface Pro 4 offers. Please Note: If a Surface is shutdown it will wipe all data created by the user, so please make sure to save to your student OneDrive, other cloud storage, or a USB.
- Blue Yeti USB Microphone – Currently not available. The Blue Yeti Mic is a great choice for your recording needs. Easy plug-and-play feature for MAC and PC, the Yeti allows you to focus on your work instead of setup. Perfect for podcasting and group recordings, this mic has four different recording modes: omnidirectional, cardioid, bidirectional, and stereo. If you have any questions at all, or need help with setup, please ask one of our staff for help!
- Laptop and Phone Chargers – We have plenty of different charger options for our patrons, available for two-hour loan. The following chargers are available: iPhone 4, iPhone 5/6/7/8, Micro-USB for Android and other devices, USB-C for modern Android/iPhone X, laptops, and tablets, MagSafe for 2009 through 2012 MacBooks, MagSafe 2 for 2012 through 2017 MacBooks, Surface Pro/Surface Book charger, as well as PC laptop chargers with multiple extensions to fit various models.
- Headphones – Available for same-day loan, we have many over-ear headsets on-hand. Whether you forgot your own or plan to use them at one of our workstations or with our Microsoft Surface Pros’s, we’ve got you covered.
- Wellness Book Collection
- Muse Meditation Headband
- Verilux HappyLight Therapy Energy Lamp